I piled into the car the other day with a goal of the grocery store. Milk, eggs, cheese, deodorant you know, the usual. When I got to the corner to make my right turn I saw the picture below. But live.
I didn’t know these guys existed down here in Paraguay. Take a look.
- John the Baptist full and reckless beard, check.
- Huge book-like item with the words Holy Bible printed in giant letters (in Spanish), check.
- Dress-like robe indicating you are a for-real sage, check.
- Self contained public address system conveniently tucked into a smart-looking messenger bag, check.
- Battery pack to power your pocket PA, check.
- Floppy vagrant-style hat to seal prophet image, check.
I had my window down as I made the turn. I am sincerely not making this up but as rolled by I could clearly hear the words “El fin esta cerca.” Yep, that would be translated “The end is near.”
All of that made for a bizarre scene to be sure. However, when I reviewed this photo for use here, I thought about my own times of testimony. How often do I share God’s good grace with others and how effective is it?
How about you, are you a serial evangelist? Do you tell others your story about God?